Geelong's qualified self defence instructor
Fiona is a highly qualified self defence instructor with more than 30 years’ experience, and training in many programs.
She is a Trainer in Neuro Linguistic Programming (success strategies through language, physiology, and story), Protective Behaviours, Mpower Girls and Revved Up Boys (resilience programs for students), Mind Matters, and many more programs.
Fiona has been training in taekwondo for more than 30 years and was 4-times Australian Champion and a bronze medallist internationally. She has also studied Krav Maga, which is an Israeli martial art that works with instinctive behaviours. Having studied with one of the world masters in pressure point tactics and Ninjitsu, Fiona has the ability to teach students how to be effective against an attacker, and how to use an attackers power to increase your effectiveness.
- Australian Taekwondo Federation black belt – 1987
- 3-times Australian Champion and 4-times Victorian Champion – 1985-91
- Bronze medallist in the European International Championship – 1990
- Self Defence Course with Australian Womens Self Defence Academy – 1991
- Self Defence Trainers Course with the Guild of Australian Black Belts – 1992
- Protective Behaviours course with Save The Children – 1997
- Choose with Care (building safer organisations for children and younger people) Child Wise – 2006
- No Apologies Course in teachings in safer sex with Focus on the Family – 2007
- Revved Up program for Boys with Stride (empowering young people) – 2009
- Registration with Australian Sports Commission in Active After School Communities – 2011
- Cyber Savvy Teachers Course with Stride – 2009
- MPower Girls Teachers Course with Stride – 2009
- Tony Robbins Mastery University course in Life Mastery, Wealth Mastery, Date With Destiny – 2012
- Tony Robbins Business Mastery – 2013
- The Coaching Institute , Neuro Linguistic Programming – 2012
- The Coaching Institute, Master Practitioner, Neuro Linguistic Programming – 2013
- The Coaching institute, Extended DISC,( behavioural profiling) Consultant and Trainer – 2013
- The Coaching Institute, Master Practitioner of Hypnotherapy – 2013
- The Coaching Institute, Deep State RE-patterning – 2013
- The Coaching Institute, NLP Trainer’s Training – 2014
- Black Belt Kyusho Jitsu – 2014
- 3-Day Intensive Kyusho Jutsu Seminar – 2014.
Fiona holds two Diploma certificates:
- Diploma of Business Management with Pollard Institute – 2012
- Diploma of Agriculture with Melbourne University – 2005.
She also holds Certificate IV in:
- Correctional Services with Holmesglen Institute – 2008
- Building and Construction Management (Domestic) with HIA – 2008
- Hospitality with the Gordon Institute – 1988.
Who Fiona trains in self defence
Fiona has worked all over Australia, providing corporate self defence in Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat and country Victoria and working with companies such as Alinta Energy, Shell Refinary, TAC and more.
She has also worked with schools such as Geelong Grammar, Ballarat Grammar and Kardinia International College and taught anti-bullying strategies to more than 100 000 students across schools in Kyneton, Melbourne, Melton, Horsham, Warrnambool, Colac, Geelong, Werribee and Bacchus Marsh.
Fiona’s experience extends to working with Victims of Crime, in mental health and with the physically and intellectually disabled. She has also worked for the Department of Justice in correctional services, and is part of a security team for international clients.
Fiona is currently a provider for the Federal Government’s Active After School Community Program and has worked in primary schools in Forrest, Deans Marsh, Lorne, Lismore, Colac, Elliminyte, Inverleigh, Birregurra, Timboon, Alvie Consolidated, Cobden, Bacchus Marsh, Nelson Park, Lavers Hill, Gordon and Ballan.